Our feet are already naturally dry because we do not have oil glands in our feet. Instead our feet are moisturized by sweat glands. There are a number of problems that could cause dry feet. It could be from athlete’s foot or diabetes just to name a couple. Typically dry feet are caused from an underlying issue that may give you cracked , rough, itchy and/or peeling feet.
Simple steps to help manage dry feet.
- Wash feet daily in warm water, not excessively hot water
- Clean and dry well between the toes
- To prevent your skin from drying out, don’t soak your feet for more than 10 to 15 minutes.
- Apply moisturizer if necessary to dry skin but not between the toes. Choose therapeutic oils and creams. Many lotions contain alcohol and are not recommended.
- use foot powder to control naturally moist feet and DO use powder between the toes
- Wear breathable, wicking socks (athletic socks work great!)